Youth Focus: North East and Safe in Tees Valley are working together on the Big Lottery funded HeadStart project in Middlesbrough. HeadStart is aimed at 10 to 16 years old in the Middlesbrough area to equip young people with resilience to prevent mental health problems occurring.
We will be creating a youth board to help direct our work in the pilot phase and support us to develop plans for stage 2 to Big Lottery.
Over the 12 month period we will;
- Deliver our mental health workshop- My Mind Matters.
- Train and support young people to be part of the steering group.
- Train and support young people to become peer educators in Schools.
- Deliver a Youth Engagement Campaign town-wide to raise awareness of mental health.
- Deliver youth-led intergenerational information and engagement ‘Wellbeing Challenges’ (events) to help young people and communities build resilience.
- Represent HeadStart Board/ Young Board at HeadStart national events.
- Share learning and effective practice and resources across HeadStart national network using both real and virtual methods.
If you would like to get involved in the project or would like some more information, please contact Laura Bush on 07763826674 or [email protected].