- We believe our work is a process of informal education aimed at developing personal, social and political awareness of young people.
- We believe that young people have a right to be heard, and that professionals have an obligation to respond positively to issues raised by young people.
- We believe in the potential of everyone, and that opportunity needs to be created for individuals to take on new challenges and develop personally and professionally.
- We believe that equality of opportunity is more than just a phrase. We endeavour to actively challenge discriminatory policies and behaviour, promote good practice and emphasise the positive aspect of equal opportunities.
- We believe that the voluntary nature of the relationship between professional and young person is at the heart of our practice.